For simplicity the following terms have these meanings:
CLIENT – The person or persons hiring our services
DISCO – Rhythm Zone, 12 Verran Road, Camberley, GU15 2ND
DJ – Representative of Rhythm Zone, present at the EVENT
VENUE – The location of the EVENT
BOOKING – The hiring of the DISCO by the CLIENT, in accordance with the Contract
EVENT – the actual party, wedding or other function for which the CLIENT has booked the DISCO
1. A £50.00 deposit is required with the return of the booking form to confirm the BOOKING. The deposit may be paid in cash, by cheque, PayPal or PAYM.
2. The DISCO will require the balance of any engagement fee payable to be made ten (10) days before the date of the function if paying by cheque. Payment of the balance due may also be paid in cash on the night, such payment to be made on arrival and prior to commencement of the performance. If the balance is not received, the BOOKING shall be deemed to have been cancelled by the CLIENT and the deposit paid will be forfeit. If the booking form and deposit are not received within fourteen days of the date when the BOOKING was requested, we reserve the right to accept other bookings.
3. If the CLIENT cancels the BOOKING or the EVENT does not take place for any reason other than an ACT OF GOD, NATIONAL DISASTER, RIOT or OUTBREAK OF WAR then the deposit will be forfeit. A cancellation fee of not less than one half of the agreed fee will also be applied for. Full payment will be sought if cancellation is made within 21 days of the EVENT date or if the DISCO can show that another EVENT has been refused for the same date on the basis of this agreement. Cancellation notification must be in writing (by post or email) and receipt of such notification will be confirmed in writing.
4. The DISCO will conduct themselves in a in a proper and professional manner befitting the EVENT and will respond to the CLIENTS requests relating to dress code, volume levels, music played, equipment location or any other reasonable request.
5. The DISCO will require access to a properly earthed 240v mains electricity supply, sufficient to allow safe usage of the required equipment for the performance. The DISCO reserves the right to test such supply prior to setting up for the event. If the supply is inadequate then the amount of equipment may be reduced. If the DISCO considers that the electricity supply or any other aspect of the VENUE is unsafe then they reserve the right to refuse to start or continue the performance after consultation with the CLIENT. The provisions of clause 3 may also apply.
6. The DISCO will use their best endeavours to attend the EVENT. Should they be prevented from attending for any reason, including accident sudden illness, or inclement weather, then the CLIENT will receive a full refund of all monies paid to the DISCO for that EVENT, however the DISCO will not incur any additional liability for non-appearance.
7. Licences for the performance of recorded music are only required at public events where an admission fee is charged. In most cases private parties, such as wedding receptions, birthdays etc., which are invitation only and attract no entrance fee do not require a licence. It is the CLIENTS responsibility to obtain such licences if required. Should the DISCO be prevented from performing due to the absence of any appropriate licence or similar permission or should the performance be cancelled for any other reason then the provisions of clause 3 will apply.
8. The DISCO will require adequate setting up time prior to the performance and a sufficient period afterwards to dismantle and remove their equipment from the VENUE. The amount of time required is dependent on the package selected and the minimum is annotated on the booking form.
9. The CLIENT is responsible for providing adequate supervision of all guests, staff and customers at the VENUE and will be liable for any loss or damage to equipment, vehicles or personal belongings, whether caused by guests, staff or customers. If we deem our persons or property to be in danger or under threat, verbally or physically, we reserve the right to terminate our services without notice. If this happens, no refunds will be made.
10. The CLIENT warrants that they are entitled to use the VENUE for the purposes of the event and performance and that the EVENT does not breach any law, bye-law or conditions imposed on the property.
11. Any extension of playing time is purely at the discretion of the DISCO subject to VENUE restrictions & the agreement of VENUE officials where appropriate however the DISCO will do their best to accommodate any such request. Fees for extended times are advised on the booking form. Fees for extended playing time must be paid in full in cash before the overtime period commences.
12. In the event of a delay or loss of performance due to events beyond our control, the client is still liable for the full outstanding balance. In the event of any other dispute, our liability is limited to the return of payments made to us.
13. The CLIENT engaging the DISCO and the DISCO accepting the BOOKING confirms acceptance of all these terms and conditions by both parties signing the agreement.